Friday, April 10, 2009

Entry for August 20, 2008
Entry for August 20, 2008 magnify
Quite lovely, artichokes growing away in a garden,
Such a surprise.
Why? Didn't we all think they are born in a supermarket?
Well, here is proof that, just like you and me,
Artichokes are born. 
Living proof that, 
Unlike canned peas 
Or jelly beans, 
Artichokes come to us 
Straight from Her,
The big lady,
Mama Nature
and not Mother Goose.
Big people food 
Not baby stuff.
We are sophisticates
and deal in specificates;
Have life under handle and place,
Grown up. 
So there you go
Time to suck on a leaf
An artichoke leaf
and - let's not choke on the arti party
ha ha, he he
That just kills me
Maybe I should return to the stumblebumbrassband.com tunes
Playing on my 'puter now
Singing Georgia 
and doing a finer job than I could have 
Had it been me singing the tune
Had it been me.

No comments:

Post a Comment