Friday, April 10, 2009

Seems fine to me

Let me share with you some of my duties then.

Today I work on a redesign of my business card

In the morning

Later I switch the location of the recycle can

With the trash can

And ponder hook shots into each,

One with clean junk mail balls

The other with scrunched brown bags

Clean but for the teeny butter stain

That oozed from the corner

HA HA HA HA - there are none!

Of the bagel

Bought from the corner stand

By the eyeglass store.

Maybe it was the corner

Of the block with the eyeglass stand

That made me think corner

Made me think square

Or wonder what AIG stands for in this day and age

As they say

My principles are at work here

Each day must stand for something

Have meaning lots of meaning

Or existence itself crumbles scrunched

Who wants that

Not I not anyone

Not insurance execs or plumbers

Or even the cosa nostra

If you know what I mean

No?

But why would you or anyone

I’m sort of thinking and wishing

Damn I wish I could just listen to the Yankees

And wait for the future to slink in here

When the going and coming was good

And better better warm warm warmer each day

But hell that's about all a guy can do

On a sunny day like this

With the market jumpin and humpin

And makin each person wish

Hey I’d rather be here than home in my bed

Or sad Natasha dead

We love vacation we hate unemployment

Keep the smile on

Days are growing longer

Spring is coming

Like man any day now

Any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment