Friday, April 10, 2009

Entry for July 21, 2007
todays a day for celebratin
all the joys we have in store 
and all the joys we have today
locked inside in a special way
but we have miles to go
before we sleep 
on the joy we dream about and weep
halfway home is not enough
for these old bones are full of fluff 
and half a glass is not enough
for these young bones who like it rough
its not the drink that stirs the straw 
its rather straw that moves the juice
and makes one feel like
diamond jim 
or lucy or steve
or that old friend Kent
the name i said long years ago 
that if your baby were called so 
he'd grow to be a different child 
than Arnold
or bill
or elmer hyde
the sound Kent made on the ear
made a different child i always feared
i didn't know kent or any other
but it was one of my thoughts asunder
when youth 
and elbow theories in my head abounded
where lots of fragrant thoughts redounded
so here i am stuck in my groove
with smiles 
and such nice times to make smooth
whilst (such a word- like old sliced cheeses
feeling round my bended kneeses)
whilst i deliberate and writhe 
within my skin still wanting rye
and having white or seven grain
its good my man - don't get me wrong-
why 14 hundred thousand strong 
would stand on toes to get a peek of what it was that I 
escheat
but why oh why does rye decry 
and call me in my slumbers song 
when head on pillow 
hugging arms
cozy covers
and wafting charm 
elude me or rather elude my thoughts or rather 
feelings 
those inner wants
i want i want i want i want
Henderson, the searcher , who looked and looked 
and looked and looked
and finding what? he ran to mama
not his but someone's
to safety 
because there were no answers?
or because the answers were uncomfortable 
or because what are we anyway 
or because he had not been known as Kent
not been called Kent 
from infant days
from growing days
from childhood dreams and bedtime stories 
and from morning rises and morning glories
he wasn't for calvary 
just infantry or worse
quartermaster corp or maybe a nurse

tomorrow is the first day of my next life 
Love, 
Bob

Entry for July 07, 2007
Entry for July 07, 2007 magnify

good morning chicklets

smiles abound
rhymes are down
balls are round
and on the ground
smiles are smiling
all around
hugs are plentiful
tigers are making cheeks aglow so nice it
warms the cockles of my heart
as they say
and Beethoven plays tonight
boys firework watchers 
delight

time to run not hide
and slippery words 
stay locked inside
don't exude

hey I'm a dude

and i better start paying much more attention to snapple covers
I've been following fortune cookie 
advice
but gimme snapple (or a baked apple)
or gimme hot times in the old barn tonight
No Fright!

chocolate ice cream 
tasty and cold
makes my heart pitter
patter and pant
pants 

oh for the love of laundry and fresh clothes
unchain my heart
and let me wash my home

sadly, mold attacks
the machines have returned to my bedroom
the flood waters are receding too slowly from my walls

one day i shall move back in
and have shiny new paint to boot
and new boots to boot too

until then
like Madeleine at the plaza
the family lumbers on in city hotels amidst the cappuccinos 
and morning papers
room service 
and extra keys
and 4 tv's - one apiece 
but the guests must share...

pitiful i say
pitiful

instead i shall hear the philharmonic in the countryside
and float down the Delaware eating toast
and champagne 
or snapple covers 
on rye

for now- 
bye bye.......

Entry for March 18, 2007

You know the tomorrow they say never comes?
It’s here 
how? I know you're wondering 
how? how did that tomorrow that never comes arrive
like spring weather that's not here yet either
well, tomorrow sneaked its little shit foot in and then blag blah bloooog blug 
its here 
this is the tomorrow thing you've been waiting for 
did I say dreading 
our time has come and a time it is to 
sing and dance and 
eat jelly donuts by the peck
pick a peck of peppers
one at a time and eat the shit out of it too
wouldn't you 
and wouldn't you like to be a pepper too
dah da dada 
ooom di da da da da 
and wouldn't you like to be a pepper too

now I am wondering 
just wondering 
how it is 
how come it is 
that 
men don’t always know what side their bread is buttered on
why don’t they know it
why is it such a goddamn mystery
shit 
I’m angry as hell 
and not much going around about it that’s for damn sure
maybe I’ll have a blend shake 
you know
papaya juice with raspberry scoundrel and aren'tja juice mixed in good 
with sorrybay in lime fitting 
oozed all over the top 
like I give a shit what order they are going into the blender in 
end with prepositions and you will have propositions you can rely on 
that’s a fact
fact of life 
fact of nature
back to the real facts before digression 
anyone still up?
anyone still reading along? 
let’s call this entry 
digression 
total digression from dealing
digression from reality
hey where is that painting I did right after college?
my face it was or someone’s but really mine - aren’t they all really mine
and then I cut out from a plastic bag or saran wrap
some lips and glued it over the ones I painted on that drawing or watercolor 
fake smile 
plastic smile
I am wearing it right this minute 
smiley here! 
howdy doo
- did I have red lipstick on underneath that plastic bag back then ?
cause the gloss goes on giddy smooth these days 
and I don’t feel I even need the bag
sarenely smooth sara one could say 
he gets an internal chuckle over saran serene
sexy aint it 
like a low drifting cigarette 
clinging to the edge of the lips
hanging downward
like humphrey bogart
and etta james all in one - ( I don’t know if she smokes
I know her name is power-
leave it open - its ok-
don’t have to close every door every time 
or every parentheses every rhyme - 
see here I am writing in what I shall now delineate as the "dumb folks" style
style where the subtleties of my mind must be explained - 
can’t lay there subtle because help I need someone to see what the hell I’m talking about 
because I don’t always say it out loud 
and I sure as shit don’t always say it out loud to me myself and I 
if you know what the hell I mean 
by Irene- 
run 
that’s what I mean 
run run run run run 
make it stop
because it can’t can it run and then its done 
and that was life 
the journey itself not the destination
like the beautiful death poem goes
life is a journey and death a destination 
and everything in between 
a journey of life itself

well that’s sort of calming - perhaps by repetition itself - itself 
never finish 
never finish quite 
ever.
explanation point. period!


Entry for December 01, 2006
Entry for December 01, 2006 magnify

new month old themes

i should have bought this piece of art at the sale last night

my kids would have liked it i'm sure


Entry for November 16, 2006

why hello there

 and welcome to my resurrection blog

filled with stars and stripes galore pinafore

No comments:

Post a Comment